Public transport in Powys will be reduced as result of the Coronavirus pandemic.
Normally Powys County Council provides around 30 local bus services across the county operating seven days a week, but national movement restrictions have forced a major reduction to a modified Sunday service.
Powys County Council are introducing a service based on services operating typically 3 return journeys per day service.
- T12 Machynlleth to Wrexham
- X75 Llanidloes to Shrewsbury
- X47 Llandrindod to Aberystwyth
- T4 Brecon to Newtown
- X43 Brecon to Abergavenny
- T6 Brecon to Swansea
- All town bus services in Brecon, Newtown, Welshpool & Ystradgynlais
- X12 Operate to Abergavenny Tues, Thurs Fri
- X15 Operate to Hereford Monday & Wednesday
The new reduced service came into operation on Monday 30th March and will run for a minimum of six-weeks before being reviewed.
Transport for Wales are also reducing weekday passenger services during the Coronavirus outbreak. This will allow them to match the number of services available to its reduced workforce. It also means that key workers will continue to be able to get to their jobs over the coming weeks and months and it means that freight trains will continue to deliver the goods that keep our supermarket shelves stacked and our power stations running.
From Monday 23rd March, a reduced timetable is in place until further notice.
Transport for Wales will also be adding the following additional services to its Sunday timetable:
- 06.45 Cardiff Central to Shrewsbury via Hereford (will call additionally at Pontypool & New Inn)
- 07.38 Chester to Manchester Piccadilly
- 07.25 Shrewsbury to Chester
- 07.16 Chester to Shrewsbury
- 07.04 Machynlleth to Shrewsbury
Anyone needing to make essential travel, please check the time of your train at: https://tfwrail.wales before you set off.
Free Travel on Buses and Trains for NHS staff
NHS staff will receive free travel on buses throughout Wales in return for hardship funding from the Welsh Government over the next 3 months, with free travel already available on Transport for Wales trains